Sunday, April 11, 2010

My very first fondant-covered cake.

Yay I finally worked up the nerve to make an attempt at whipping up a batch of homemade marshmallow fondant and then covered a cake with it.  Woo!  I found the fondant was more difficult than I imagined to make and to work with.  It's really labor intensive and time consuming to prepare it, and to top it off, I made a God-awful mess of half my entire kitchen kneading it and rolling it out.  I also learned with this cake how long it takes to hand roll 50 fondant balls for a "ball border"!  The homemade MMF tastes a lot better than store-bought fondant, so I plan to continue making it from scratch... but I might need to research a better recipe and method.  Wedding cake batter with a plain-Jane vanilla filling and frosting.  All fondant accents. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...