Friday, May 7, 2010

Amber's Lime Green and Black Polka Dot Graduation Cake (click on photo to enlarge).

This cake was for a young lady just graduating from high school, Amber (hence the "A" on top). She wanted something "elegant" - but asked for lime green and black (with polka dots). I hope I pulled it off. This was my first time doing this particular buttercream bead border that I stumbled upon the other day, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look. Wish I could remember where I saw the border.  I've looked at hundreds of cakes since and just cannot find it.  I'm bound to discover it one day, though.  I'll come back and credit the "inventor" if I can find her.  It was great practice to get another chance to work with fondant again.  Congratulations to Amber.  She's a beautiful girl and I know her parents are so proud of her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...