Saturday, January 29, 2011

T-Rex Cake. Rawr!!! (Click photos to enlarge.)

I honestly didn't really have a clue how to do this t-rex the way I wanted to, and I couldn't find a fondant tutorial - so I just grabbed a photo that I liked from a random non-cake site and combined that with the party plate for my inspiration.  I had the most fun making t-rex's tongue and the least fun glueing in all those fondant teeth.  I wanted to include Gavin's name and didn't know where to put it - and then realized I need some visual height behind t-rex, so I decided on a hot orange banner (for color) with a bite out of it.  Only later did my little girl suggest that the missing bite should be hanging out of his mouth.  She and I make a great team.  Cake was all WASC with Madagascar vanilla filling and icing.  Everything is edible except the legs of the "Gavin" sign.  The volcano was actually 5 layers of stacked cake.  This thing was unbelievably heavy!  Happy birthday Gavin!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...