Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Egg Cake (click photos to enlarge).

Not much else in this world makes me happier than my nieces and nephews. One of them, Talon, is five and he's such a handsome, sweet, bright, well-mannered kid. When his mom asked me to make a cake for Tal's Easter party, I was excited. Remember, I'm new at this whole cake thing, so holidays are all still a novelty for me. I wanted to do a bunny cake (really just so I could put "Hoppy Easter") (as if that's the most clever, original thing EVER) (yes, I know, cake nerd), but time wouldn't allow for a bunny cake, so I moved on to the next best thing: an egg cake. I didn't have an egg pan, so I carved a sheet cake and made it work. Necessity is the mother of invention, right? WASC with whipped vanilla bean butter cream filling and icing, covered with a few strips of fondant to dress up the egg. I tried to use "boy" colors, and fought hard to resist the urge to add some pink.  I don't think Talon approved of the daisy on the cake, but I bet the little girls in his classroom loved it! Happy Easter everybody!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...