Monday, June 27, 2011

Emelie's Castle Cake! (Click photos to enlarge.)

This fun cake was made using a “stone” embossing mat on crusted butter cream, upside-down ice cream cones for spires (covered in fondant and edible disco dust), and lots and lots and lots (over 150) of tiny little flowers.  I had a joyful week working on this little cake.  It made me really happy.  I heard it through the grapevine that this cake made Emelie, newly turned age 4, pretty happy, too.  Bottom tier was an 8" square and top tier was a 6" round.  I hand cut four tiny little cakes with a biscuit cutter (stacked two layers high and filled, of course) then covered them in pink fondant for the bases of the spires.  A dowel stuck in meant that the spires (ice cream cones) could just be set in place and easily removed.  The "water" is just scrapbook paper covered with contact paper (so the oils from the cake won't discolor the paper).  You can see the draft of Emelie's cake "side by side" with the final product by clicking the "Drafts" tab on my home page or by clicking here.
Johanna, Emelie's mom, was kind enough to allow me to share a picture from Emelie's big day.  Is this little curly-haired angel precious, or what?  Happy birthday Emelie.  I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Oven's on.  I'll be back soon!
~ Peggy



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...