Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Drake's ChooChoo Train Cake! (Click any photo to enlarge)

This cake was the first time I’d embossed fondant and then covered a cake with it (just the top tier, made to look like brick). I found the process rather difficult, but maybe it’s just because I’m the ultimate klutz in the kitchen. Cake is white almond sour cream with vanilla bean butter cream filling and icing. Bottom tier was finished in sky blue butter cream.  All details, including the train, are fondant and are 100% edible.

The little train was so much simpler than the last fondant train topper I made, which was molded out of rice krispie treats and covered in 2 layers of fondant (seen here). This time, I used the brilliant tutorial from Cake Journal (found here) and I’m telling you, it was a total breeze. The entire train, from start to finish, took less than an hour to make (which for me is SUPA’ fast). I just love me some Cake Journal (www.cakejournal.com), one of my cakey bakey happy places! (And I loved making this cheerful little cake!)

Oven’s on – I’ll be back soon.

~ Peggy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...