Sunday, December 18, 2011

Emma's Chocolate Roses Baby Shower Cake

My beautiful niece, Emily, just had her second baby, little Bayze James Penn, this past summer. I really wanted to make her favorite:  a triple chocolate cake filled and iced with chocolate butter cream - but July is my super crazy time of the year, and I just couldn't swing anything very  elaborate.


With rosettes on the side and a fondant baby and blanket tossed on top, we barely made this a "baby shower" cake, but it served its purpose. Pregnant mommy got her heart's content full of chocolate cake and all was well with the world. 


Now, 5 months later, here is my darling great-nephew, Bayze, posing with the most adorable little girl EVER, his big sister and my great-niece, Heidi Marie. This is one of my favorite pictures of them - Heidi's pokey lip cracks me up. I love these babies and I love their momma! (And did I mention their momma loves my chocolate cake?)


Oven's on - be back soon!


~ Peggy




2 comments:

  1. I love chocolate too and the cake looks so yummy but what I'm loving even more is that beautiful photo of the kids. Absolutely gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...